Construction has commenced on a housing expansion at Lancer Park that will provide Longwood with the beds necessary to replace the Cunninghams.
With architectural design that emulates many components familiar to Longwood's campus, the "North Campus Student Housing" project at Lancer Park will comprise:
- three buildings
- two residential apartment buildings with a totaling 452 residential bed spaces.
- 100 four bedroom apartments, 23 two bedroom apartments, and 6 studio apartments will be available to students during the 2013-2014 housing registration process.
- one Commons building which will be home to a food service operation and student gathering space.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are eligible to register to live in the four bedroom apartments. Students must have completed 25 or more Longwood recognized credit hours at the conclusion of the spring 2013 semester to be eligible to register to live in the four bedroom apartments.
- Only Juniors and Seniors are eligible to participate in the houisng lottery to live in the 2 Bedroom and Studio apartments. Those students with 56 or greater completed Longwood recognized credit hours at the conclusion of the spring 2013 semester are eligible to participate in the 2 Bedroom and Studio lottery.
- The housing rates for the new apartment spaces at Lancer Park will be determined by the Board of Visitors during the spring 2013 semester. RCL anticipates that the cost of these apartments will be slightly higher than the current cost of a Landings 4-Bedroom apartment, which is currently $3,582 per semester. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss this cost with their financial provider prior to housing registration.
The new buildings are slated to be ready for occupancy in the fall of 2013.