Apple Volume App Purchase Program
What is the Apple Volume Application Purchase Program?
Many departments at Longwood have purchased Apple iPad devices and have requested the ability to purchase applications with their Longwood budget. Apple has created the Volume Purchase Program which allows the purchase of applications using purchase orders directly in eVA.
Why should I use the Volume Application Program?
There are two reasons why you should consider using the Volume Application Program:
- University Ownership - When purchasing applications via the Volume Application Program the department can purchase applications in volume and distribute them to multiple devices.
- Discounted Software - Many application developers offer special pricing for purchases of 20 apps or more.
How Does it Work?
The Vice President or Chair of each department interested in participating in the program will designate a department program facilitator and send an email to email@example.com requesting that a facilitator account be created for that person. The facilitator will manage all purchases for the department and install department owned applications on the iPad devices. Facilitators have access to a record of all application purchases and redeemed licenses.
How does a facilitator purchase applications?
- The department facilitator requests a quote for a voucher. Requests should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vouchers are available in amounts of $100, $500, $1,000, $5,000, and $10,000.
- The department receives the quote and orders the voucher via purchase order.
- When the voucher arrives the facilitator can use it to purchase licenses for applications in the Volume Application Store.
- Licenses are managed via redemption codes.
**Training will be available for program facilitators**
Can personally owned and Longwood owned applications exist on the same device?
YES! Personally owned applications can exist along with Longwood owned applications. To facilitate this users must remember to download any personally owned applications directly from iTunes and NOT to sync the Longwood owned device with their personal iTunes account. If the device is synced with the personal account all Longwood owned applications will be overwritten and will have to be re-added to the device via the department facilitator.