Participate in Developing IITS Policies
IITS would like to encourage all faculty and staff to be aware of and to participate in the development of the University's IT policies. In order for faculty and staff to review and provide their comments on new and revised policies we have once again opened a course on Blackboard. You may visit the IITS Policy Review course on Blackboard, view proposed changes and provide your comments until June 1, 2012. Among the policies included for your review are Encryption (6103), Access to Information Technology Resources and Systems (6105) and Procedures, Contingency Management for Information-Based Applications (6111), Telephone Usage (formerly Long Distance Telephone Services (6122), Malware Protection (6128) and Enforcement Procedures, Firewall Policy (6130).
If you participated in the policy review before, when you login to Blackboard you should see the "(IITS) Policy Review" course listed under "Courses in which you are enrolled."
If you have not participated before, follow the instructions below to enroll:
- Go to blackboard.longwood.edu.
- Login using your LancerNet ID and password.
- Enroll in the "(IITS) Policy Review" course.
- Go to the "Courses" tab. When you login you are taken to the "My Classes" tab. Locate the "Courses" tab below the Longwood logo.
- Search "(IITS) Policy Review".
- Click on the chevron located in the Course ID column.
- Choose "Enroll" This button is on the left hand side of the page. You will be taken to a page that describes the course.
- Submit. You will receive a "receipt" that you completed your enrollment.
- Click "OK. "When you click "OK" you will be taken to the "Announcements" page of the course.
- Follow the instructions provided to review the policy changes and provide your comments.
After the comment period has ended we encourage you to return to the IITS Policy Review course in Blackboard and view a summary of the comments received and the updated drafts.
See the Information Security web site for more information.
We appreciate your participation!