Set Up a Shared Calendar
- Click the "Go" menu and select Calendar
- Outlook 2007
Right click on "Calendar" found under "My Calendars" in the Navigation Pane on the left side of the screen and choose "Properties".
- Click on the Permission tab and choose "Add" to add a new user
- Choose the name of the person that you wish to give permissions to your calendar from the Global Address list (this list is populated with all users currently using Exchange).
- Click "Add" and then "OK". You have added the user. The user's name should now display in the white box at the top of the Permissions tab.
- Make sure that the name of the user that you wish to set permissions for is highlighted. Click on the "Permission Level" drop-down box and choose the level of permissions that you want the selected user to have. Note: the permissions allowed by each level will be reflected in the check boxes below when the level is selected.
- When the desired level of permissions has been selected and is reflected beside the users name at the top, select "Apply" and then "OK".
IMPORTANT: You will notice that "Default" is listed in the white box at the top of the Permissions tab. Permissions for this entry is set to "None" by default. Any permission set for this account will make your calendar available with that permission level to all users (faculty, staff, vendors, etc.) in the Global Address List. Please note that access to your calendar could be a security risk depending upon the sensitivity of the data stored there.
It is very important that the permission for the "Default" account is set to "None" to prevent all users from being able to read, change, or delete your calendar entries.
View a Shared Calendar For Which You Have Been Granted Permissions
- Click "Open a Shared Calendar" in the Navigation Pane on the left side of the screen. (If you do not see the Navigation Pane click on the View menu and select "Navigation Pane")
- Click on "Name" in the box that appears to display the Global Address List (this list is populated with all users currently using Exchange).
- Double click on the name of the user whose calendar you have been granted permissions for. Click "OK" in the "Open a Shared Calendar" box.
- The calendar will open and the user name for the calendar that you added will appear in the "Other Calendars" section of the Navigation Pane on the left side of the screen. (If you do not see the Navigation Pane click on the View menu and select "Navigation Pane")