Resident Technology Associates
Find Your RTA
About the RTAs
The technical expertise of our RTAs combined with their enthusiasm and dedication to provide excellent service to the Longwood student body makes them an important asset.
The RTAs are easier to contact than ever!
Students can now contact the RTAs for support via RTAConnect on the web at https://rta.longwood.edu.
It is fast, easy and assessable to you via a computer, tablet or Smartphone!
RTA On-Call Hours
- Monday-Thursday:6:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Saturday:2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Become An RTA
Interested in becoming an RTA? Great! If you meet the following criteria, please contact us.
- Maintain 2.5 cumulative GPA;
- Must be at least a Sophomore in good standing with the University;
- One full semester of attendance at Longwood prior to application;
- Full-time student status;
- Must have good understanding of all components and some experience showing others how to use them;
- No more than 18 credit hours per semester without permission;
- Not permitted to enter into another employment situation without permission;
- Expected to be on-call primarily in the evenings;
- Expect to spend a greater amount of time in the support assistance role at the beginning and end of each semester;
- Required to attend weekly staff meetings;
- Expected to uphold and abide by all University policies and regulations.