We provide a variety of internal scholarships for students to apply for assistance in paying for school and supplies.
|Art Departmental Scholarship *||This non-renewable scholarship is merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||
|Barbara L. Bishop Scholarship *||This renewable scholarship is merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||2.50 GPA
Jr (56-88 credits)
|Bill and Jane Lepis Scholarship **||This non-renewable scholarship is need/merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||Academic Status:
Jr/Sr (70+ credits)
|Franklin Federal Art Scholarship *||This non-renewable scholarship is merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||2.50 GPA
Jr/Sr (70+ credits)
|Lucile Walton Art Scholarship ***||This non-renewable scholarship is merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||Outstanding Artistic Ability
|Nan Gilbert Aman Memorial Scholarship *||This renewable scholarship is available for accepted, incoming freshmen||(0–30 credits)|
|Virginia Estes Bedford Memorial
|This renewable scholarship is merit based, evaluated through portfolio submission||2.50 GPA
So/Jr/Sr (30+ credits)
* Scholarship applicants must be a full-time Art (Art Education/Art History/Studio) or DSAM student
** Scholarship applicants must be a full-time Art Major (Printmaking/Book Arts, Crafts, Drawing/Painting)
*** Scholarship applicants must be a full-time Art (Art Education/Studio) or DSAM student
Kappa Pi is the International Honorary Art Fraternity that helps spread the love of art throughout campus and the community through its student and professional members. Kappa Pi believes everyone should cultivate a love for the visual arts, and its members work hard to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. New members are accepted in the Fall and Spring.
For more information,
contact Kappa Pi's 2013-2014
chapter president, Cabell Edmunds
Links of Interest
- Artists Network - A variety of links to different methods of making art.
- Artists on Art - The online community for this online magazine.
- First Fridays Charlottesville - A link to the art showcased at the monthly First Fridays Charlottesville galleries.
- Richmond Virginia First Fridays Art Walks - The latest featured art in Richmond's monthly First Friday art walks.
The Longwood University Department of Art strongly encourages student to join groups in their field of study.
Take this opportunity as a student for discounts offered by these listings. Speak with your adviser to insure which listings is best for your area of study.
- 1708 Gallery- A Richmond non-profit space for providing opportunities for artistic innovation for emerging and established artists.
- Art Works- A place to make, exhibit, and sell art work located in Richmond.
- Crossroads Arts Center- A Richmond-based arts center exhibiting work of emerging and established artists from the mid-Atlantic region.
- McGuffey Art Center - An arts association located in the historic section of downtown Charlottesville.
- National Art Education Association- The home for people involved with visual arts education in the U.S.
- Virginia Art Education Association - The home for people involved with visual arts education in Virginia.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts - A great fine arts museum encouraging the study of arts and enriching lives of all.
- American Ceramics Society- Serves the informational, educational, and professional needs of the global ceramics community.
- Cub Creek Foundation- A ceramics residency at Appomattox, Virginia
- NCECA - National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts, the professional organization for ceramic artists.
- Central Virginia Watercolor Guild- A Charlottesville-based guild dedicated to the advancement, excellence, and education in watercolor
- Colored Pencil Society of America- A society devoted to colored pencil artists.
- Fine Art Professionals of Northern Virginia- Organization of professional artists from Northern Virginia.
- James River Arts League - Encouraging the creation and appreciation of art.
Printmaking and Book Arts
Southern Graphics Council International - Representing artist of original prints, drawings, books, and handmade paper.
- Friends of Dard Hunter - National Hand Papermaking Organization