Family Weekend 2016
September 16-18, 2016
We are hoping you will be able to join us at Longwood for Family Weekend 2016. There are a variety of events taking place throughout the weekend and we feel there is truly something for everyone.
This year we are happy to announce you can now register your family and guests for Family Weekend online.
Family Weekend is not funded by state funds, tuition or state fees. Family Weekend is an independent and self-supporting activity for families and friends of the University.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I park for Family Weekend?
A: You are allowed to park anywhere on campus as long as it is not a reserved parking space.
Q: Do I need to include my student in the count for Family Weekend?
A: Do NOT include your student in the count for Family Weekend. The only time you need to include your student in the count is if they would like to participate in the Golf Tournament and/or Wine Tasting (only if student is over 21).
Q: Do I have to register for Family Weekend or can I just spend the day with my student?
A: If you would like to spend the day with your student and not participate in any of the Family Weekend activities - that is ok.
Q: How much do I pay for meals if I want to pay for meals individually when I get there?
A: Individual meals will cost you between $8.50-$15.00 per person per meal.
Q: Can I register when I get there?
A: Yes - there will be a registration table on Friday Night at Longwood Landings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Then on Saturday there will be a registration table in the Student Union from 8am to 12pm.
Q: What does the registration fee pay for?
A: The registration fee pays for registration materials, all activities unless otherwise noted, Friday Night events (not including dinner), Saturday workshops and activities, and Saturday Continental Breakfast, and Saturday Picnic Lunch and Entertainment. Family Weekend is not funded by State Funds, Tuition or State Fees. Family Weekend is an independent and self-supporting activity for families and friends of the University.
Q: Are pets allowed?
A: We recommend not bringing your pet. It is a very busy weekend and there are a lot of people around.
- Hampton Inn - Farmville, 434.392.8826
- Comfort Inn - Farmville, 434.392.8163
- Comfort Inn - Burkeville, 434.767.3750
- Days Inn - Farmville, 434.392.6611
- Econolodge - Amelia, 804.561.4220
- Grey Swann Inn - Blackstone, 434.292.3199
- Star Motel - Dillwyn - 434.983.2365
- Sheldon's Motel - Keysville, 434.736.8434
- Super 8 Motel - Appomattox, 434.352.2339
- Maysville Manor B&B- 434.221.8942, 434.969.2162
- Miss Emily's Bed & Breakfast- 434.542.5718
- Holiday Inn Express - Richmond, 866,270.5110
- The Inns on the Avenues - Farmville, VA, 434.315.0452
- Winterham Plantation - Amelia Co., VA, 804.561.4519
- The Crowling Place - Lunenburg Co., VA 757.434.8869
Looking for more options?
View a full list of places to stay in the Farmville area >>