Please contact Dr. Shannon Salley, Coordinator of SLP Online, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- You will not be able to register for any of the SLP online courses until you have completed and submitted the SLP Online Enrollment Form, an application for in-state tuition (if applicable), and transcripts for prerequisites (if applicable). Please fill out the two-page form completely.
- Once all required forms are received, you will be sent an e-mail confirmation. A LancerNet ID, temporary password, and Longwood e-mail address will be issued by Information & Instructional Technology Services (ITS). These will be sent via e-mail to the personal e-mail address you put on this enrollment form. Upon receipt of the ITS materials, you will be able to access the myLongwood system to register.
- Transcripts may be submitted by fax (434.395.2750) or via e-mail (email@example.com) if you have electronic copies. Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (It is your responsibility to confirm receipt of all faxed items by calling 434.395.2380.)
- Application for In State Tuition: This must be completed and emailed with the enrollment form if you are claiming entitlement to Virginia in-state tuition.
- Once you have completed the SLP Online Enrollment Form form please save it and send it as an email attachment to the address below. Be sure to also send your application for in-state tuition and/or transcripts if applicable. firstname.lastname@example.org
- To look up your courses, please visit the Course Schedules on the Registration Office website. Courses are listed under the subject 'CSDS - Professional'.
Important Information Regarding Course Prerequisites
If you plan to take one of the following courses offered as part of the SLPonline program, you must have completed the required prerequisites listed below.
- If the prerequisites were taken at Longwood, you will not need to submit proof of having the prerequisite.
- If the prerequisites were not taken at Longwood, you will need to submit a transcript (unofficial or official) from the college where you took the prerequisite course. This transcript will be evaluated by the SLPOnline program to determine if you have the necessary coursework. If the necessary coursework has been taken, an additional step must be completed by the SLPOnline program to allow you to register for the course. This ALL must be done prior to your access of myLongwood.com to register.
PCSD 313 (Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism) - Prerequisite BIOL 101 or equivalent
PCSD 314 (Phonology and Language Disorders) - Prerequisites PCSD 285 and 307
PCSD 361 (Audiology) - Prerequisite PCSD 313
PCSD 450 (Speech Science) - Prerequisites PCSD 307, 313 and 361
PCSD 455 (Neurology for Human Communication) - Prerequisite PCSD 313
Tuition and Fees, Billing Policies & Procedures
- Tuition and fee information is available at: http://www.longwood.edu/studentaccounts/20960.htm
- After you receive your Longwood credentials from the Help Desk, visit https://my.longwood.edu to access your bill (choose the student tab and scroll to the financial section to see your bill). You may choose to pay via credit card online through myLongwood or via check or money order payable to Longwood University and mailed to Cashiering & Student Accounts, Longwood University, 201 High Street, Farmville, VA 23909.
- SLPOnline students are expected to make payment at the time of registation.
- Longwood only sends eBills to your Longwood email account; bills are not sent via regular mail. You must check your Longwood email account regularly for official notices. Email to your Longwood email address is the official method of communication from Longwood to all students.
- Accounts not paid in full each semester by the due date can be assessed a 10% late payment fee.
- Please visit the Billings & Payment webpage, www.longwood.edu/studentaccounts, for payment options and full billing policies and procedures.
- Check https://my.longwood.edu, choose the Student Tab to see your registration status.
Important Dates to Remember
Summer 2013 Dates
Registration begins March 20, 2013
Last day to waitlist is April 19, 2013
Courses begin May 20, 2013
Courses end August 2, 2013
Last day to add/drop is May 22, 2013 by 5 p.m. EDT
Last day to withdraw with no academic penalty (however all tuition and fee charges will still apply): June 26, 2013 by 5 p.m. EDT
Fall 2013 Dates
Registration begins March 20, 2013
Last day to waitlist is August 3, 2013
Courses begin August 26, 2013
Courses end December 13, 2013
Last day to add/drop is September 3, 2013 by 5 p.m. EDT
Last day to withdraw with no academic penalty (however all tuition and fee charges will still apply): October 18, 2013 by 5 p.m. EDT
- The dates for the last day to add and/or drop and the last day to withdraw without academic penalty for classes can also be viewed at Academic Calendars.
- You can also refer to the registrar's website at http://www.longwood.edu/registrar/19343.htm#adddrop for more information related to important deadlines and policies.
- To drop by the add/drop deadline access your account through myLongwood to process the drop. A drop processed by the add/drop deadline removes financial responsibility.
- To withdraw during the withdrawal period (from add/drop deadline to withdrawal deadline) a Course Withdrawal Form must be completed and submitted to the Registration Office by the deadlines cited above via fax to 434.395.2252 (It is your responsibility to confirm receipt of all faxed items by calling 434.395.2580) OR via e-mail to email@example.com if you have the capability to scan the completed document and attach it to the e-mail. All tuition and fee charges will still apply.
- Withdrawal after the no academic penalty withdrawal deadline may only be considered for medical or other non-academic emergencies. A written withdrawal request with supporting documentation from a physician or other applicable support must be submitted to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies by noon on the last day of class via fax to 434.395.2750 (It is your responsibility to confirm receipt of all faxed items by calling 434.395.2380) or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the capability to scan all the documents and attach them to the e-mail.
- Questions regarding tuition & fees and billing & payments should be addressed to the Office of Cashiering & Student Accounts, www.longwood.edu/studentaccounts or email@example.com.