Text Size Print
The Definitions provided below are included to make clear the terms used throughout this document.
- Resource Providers - (i.e. Ancillary Services) special services associated with facilities usage for which a charge may be assessed. Services may include, but are not limited to, catering, janitorial/housekeeping, audio-visual, technology and special equipment, room setup, administrative fees, parking, housing and security.
- Longwood University Community - currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty, staff and administration.
- Registration Fee - a fee charged for multiple events in concurrence with each other (conference)
- Business day - a weekday (Monday through Friday) that does not fall on a holiday, and a weekday (Monday through Friday) when the University is open. In some policies on campus, business day may be defined differently, and if so, that definition would apply to that policy only. For the purposes of this handbook, or when the term is not defined, please use the definition here.
- Facilities - includes all buildings, land and physical property of Longwood University.
- "REQUESTER" - is an individual, organization or agency-internal or external-responsible for an event held in Longwood University facilities. The term is capitalized in this Handbook to indicate the formal relationship and responsibilities of the REQUESTER.
- Scheduling - The Office of Conferences and Scheduling - also referred to as CONFERENCES AND SCHEDULING - is a REQUESTOR's first point of contact for scheduling events. (Student organizations' first point of contact should be an appointed or elected member of that organization - appointed or elected for the purpose of scheduling and/or organizing events.)
- Public Space - is any space on campus other than a student's own residence hall room. Residence Halls, common rooms, lounges, classrooms, meetings rooms, etc. are all considered public spaces.
- Student Organization - (Internal REQUESTER) an active student organization approved by the SGA and registered with the Student Union, using the requested facility for Longwood University activities with appropriate authorization to provide a Longwood University budget code to which all charges associated with usage may be billed. The Student Organization REQUESTER category is for student organization activities (events and activities involving members of the Longwood University community) ONLY. Events requiring a registration fee or admission fee by the sponsoring student organization may be required to have a contract. Contact the Scheduling Manager to determine which category the contract will fall under as outlined herein.
- Campus Based - (Internal REQUESTER) a Longwood University department using the requested facility for Longwood University business with appropriate authorization to provide a Longwood University budget code to which all charges associated with usage may be billed. The Campus Based REQUESTER category is for campus departmental business only. The department planning an event must be able to show that all the participants are members of the Longwood University community or that the event/activity is a requirement of the department as it relates to their mission. If the above criteria are not met then a contract may be necessary. Contact the Scheduling Manager to determine which category the contract will fall under as outlined herein.
- Sponsored REQUESTER - an organization or group whose affiliation with Longwood University derives primarily from the participation of a member of the Longwood University community, but whose organizational purpose does NOT necessarily advance or support the educational, research or public policy mission of Longwood University, and whose membership is made up of a majority of NON-Longwood employees. This REQUESTER type is considered an External REQUESTER.
- External REQUESTER - an individual (or a group of individuals), organization, association or business not affiliated with Longwood University.