Text Size Print
Tips & Reminders!
Some quick tips or reminders to be in compliance with the Statewide Fire Prevention Code:
- Curtains, draperies, hangings, and other decorative materials suspended from walls shall be flame resistant or non-combustible.
- Decorative materials shall not exceed 10 percent of the aggregate area of walls and ceilings.
- No decorations or other objects shall be placed to obstruct exits, access thereto, egress there from, or visibility thereof.
Door LocksState Law prohibits locks on bathroom doors from inside the bedroom. Read more
Questions or Comments?Please use our questions and comments form and we will respond as quickly as possible (if applicable).
Staying Safe on Campus
Plenty of threats loom large on college campuses. These "what ifs" include terror threats, natural disasters, bomb threats, fires, and more. The reality is that campuses have been, and will continue to be, targeted. So, it can't hurt to be prepared! Read the Staying Safe on Campus pdf for more information about campus safety.
Staying Safe on Campus (pdf)
Items Not Allowed in Residence Halls
- Candles (possession, lighting, or burning)
- Oil Lamps
- Plug-in air fresheners
- Grills or any device capable of producing an open or enclosed/contained flame or odor
- Halogen light bulbs (possession or use)
- Dangerous chemical or explosive materials (fireworks, spray paint, weapon memorbilia, gun powder, gasoline, etc)
- Pictures of Items Not Allowed in Residence Halls
- For a complete list of items allowed and not allowed - click here