Longwood University Undergraduate and Graduate Diploma
Longwood University diplomas are conferred to students who have filed an application for graduation and have completed all of their degree requirements, including earning the required cumulative and major grade point averages (GPA).
A printed Longwood University diploma may include and is limited to the following:
- The Longwood University seal
- Student’s legal name as it appears in our system
- The conferral date
- The signatures of the President of Longwood University and the Rector of the Board of Visitors
- Full name of the degree
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Arts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science
- Degree honors, if the student has earned this distinction
- Cum Laude
- Magna Cum Laude
- Summa Cum Laude
- Cormier Citizen Scholar
- Longwood Scholar
- Hull Education Scholar
- Cormier Honors College
The font used for Longwood’s diploma follows the guidelines set by the Longwood University Identity Standard. The diploma measures 13.25" x 18.5".
Information that will be noted on the student’s official transcript, and will not appear on a Longwood University diploma includes;
- Departmental honors
A complimentary replacement diploma will only be issued if the diploma was damaged in shipment or if there is an error on the diploma. Before a complimentary replacement diploma is issued, the student must return the damaged or incorrect diploma to the Office of the Registrar with a note that states what is wrong with the diploma. This note will also need to include the student’s full name and the address where the replacement diploma may be sent. Replacement diploma orders may take up to 4 weeks to arrive in the mail.
Diplomas cannot be custom ordered. Longwood University issues a standard diploma to all students and it only comes in one size.
- Replacement diplomas will follow currentLongwood University diploma format guidelines
- The diploma will measure 13.25" x 18.5"
- The diploma will list the signatures of the current President of Longwood University and the current Rector of the Board of Visitors.
- Your name will appear on your diploma as it is listed in our system
Additional copies of the Longwood University diploma may be ordered by filling out and submitting the Replacement Diploma Request Form. Please submit the Replacement Diploma Request Form to the address listed at the bottom of the form. The cost of a replacement diploma is $35. This form is located on the Office of the Registrar’s website. http://www.longwood.edu/registrar/50129.htm