Text Size Default Text SizeDefault Text Size Large Text SizeLarge Text Size Largest Text SizeLargest Text Size Print Print this Page

Program Substitutions & Waivers

Current students may use the PROGRAM SUBSTITUTION & WAIVER FORM (pdf) to request course substitutions and waivers.


  • Course substitutions and waivers are initiated with an academic advisor's recommendation.
  • This form should be filled out by the advisor, and submitted to the Chair of the Department with any relevant information as to why the course needs to be substituted or waived as a requirement.
  • Upon signed approval by the Department Chair, the form should be turned in to the Office of the Registrar.
  • The Office of the Registar process the changes.

Submission Information

Submit the completed form, with the appropriate signatures to the Office of the Registrar using one of the methods below.

  • Scan and email it to registrar@longwood.edu
  • Hand-deliver it, with your photo ID, to Barlow 101
  • Fax it to 434-395-2252
  • Mail it to
          Longwood University
          Office of the Registrar 
          201 High Street
          Farmville, VA 23909