The Office of the Registrar only provides advising for undeclared students.
Declaring a Major
To officially declare a major, an undeclared student must complete and file a Change of Major Form. Students may declare a major any time after admission but must do so by the time they have earned 45 credit hours.
The best time to declare your major is not during the advising/registration time periods (November & March). Instead, declare your major earlier or later in the semester to allow time paperwork to be processed and for you to introduce yourself to your new advisor prior to advising and registration so you aren't meeting for the very first time during a hectic time of year.
How it's done:
- Print a "Change of Major" form
- Complete and sign it
- Take it to your new Department Administrative Assistant**
- The Administrative Assistant will ask Department Chair** to sign it
- Department Chair will assign you a new advisor
- Take the form to the Registrar's Office to be processed
Athletes will also need to get the signature of the Athletics Academic Support Coordinator before submitting to the Registrar's Office.
** For faculty/staff contact info, please use the online faculty/staff directory