(Lancer Park, Longwood Village, and the Landings)
What Should I Bring?
The following is only a list of items that our staff members have created to help serve as helpful items for college students to have in Longwood managed apartments.
- Alarm Clock
- Bicycle with durable lock
- Can Opener
- Carpet or Scatter Rugs
- Cleaning Supplies
- Clothes Drying Rack
- Coat Hangers
- Coax cable
- Desk Lamp (non-halogen)
- Fan (even in AC buildings)
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Ironing Board
- Laundry Basket and Detergent
- Postage Stamps
- School Supplies
- Stereo (with headphones)
- Storage Boxes or Foot Locker
- Telephone (you can set up a local phone line for a fee)
- Television (cable ready)
- Full Size Sheets
- Kitchen items/Utensils/Cookware
What can I Bring?
All Longwood managed apartments (Lancer Park, Longwood Village, and the Landings) have GFI Kitchen outlets. Residents may bring the following UL Approved Appliances.
- Air popcorn poppers
- Air purifiers
- Blenders or mixers
- Bread machines
- Coffee Pots (both single serve and regular coffee pots must have an automatic shutoff)
- Crock pots
- Easy Bake Ovens
- Electric can opener
- Gaming systems (X Box, PS2, etc.)
- George Foreman Grills
- Hot Pot /Soup Warmer
- Musical equipment and amplification devices (of an acceptable level), surround sound speakers, flat screen TV (however, NO wall mounted TV models)
- Power Strips or Multi-plug devices with circuit breaker/surge protector
- Refrigerator (not to exceed 4.4 cubic feet). A full size refrigerator is provided in all Longwood managed apartments.
- Rice cookers
- Stereo (with headphones)
- Vacuum cleaner, electric broom sweepers
- Waffle/Sandwich/Quesadilla Makers
What can I not bring?
Longwood managed apartments (Lancer Park, Longwood Village, and the Landings) are forbidden from having the following items in their apartments:
- Air Conditioners
- Alcohol1 (if under 21) or Drugs
- Antennas or satellite dishes
- Blocks to elevate bed (cinder blocks or wood)
- Bunsen burners or hot plates (this includes griddles or electric skillets, electric woks, fondue pots or chocolate fountains, S'mores makers)
- Candles, candle warmers (including plug-in style air fresheners)
- Curtains, draperies, hangings, and other suspended decorative materials that are not treated to be flame resistant.
- Deep fryer (Fry Daddy)
- Double-sided foam tape or duct tape
- Electric heaters, electric blankets or heating pads
- Empty alcohol containers (for decoration)
- Extension cords
- Fireworks, explosives, unsafe and or flammable chemicals/liquids (including charcoal lighter fluid)
- Fog machines
- Halogen lamps (any model or style)
- Individually owned (personal) large appliances including stove ranges, washer/dryers, freezers, dishwashers
- Lava lamps
- Lighter fluid or charcoal that contains starter fluids
- LP (propane) gas grill canisters
- Multi-plug Adapters, WITHOUT circuit breaker/surge protector
- "No Boundaries" brand multi-bulb floor lamp
- Oil lamps
- Oil popcorn poppers
- Personal ceiling fans/lights or dimmer switches
- Personal door locks
- Pets (other than fish). Fish tank limited to no more than 10 gallons.
- Plug-in Air Fresheners (Glade, etc.)
- Pressurized canisters (CO2 or scuba equipment, spray paint cans and helium tanks). Exclusions are approved medical equipment (oxygen cylinders)
- Toaster Ovens (Toasters are permitted, but not toaster ovens)
- Wall mounted shelving, furniture, or fixtures
- Weapons2 (including martial arts practice equipment)
1. Alcohol is also prohibited from all Longwood managed apartments where there are no residents of legal drinking age.
2. Any firearms (including re-enactment weapons) and other hunting weapons (knives, bows, arrows, etc.) can be registered and stored at Campus Police.