Break Information and Register to Stay
Spring Break Expectations:
By registering to stay, you UNDERSTAND and WILL COMPLY with the following expectations:
- All residents of University-managed housing, wishing to stay during the recognized break period, must communicate their intentions. Completing the ON-LINE registration form will provide uninterrupted ID card access (where applicable) and will provide Campus Police with a record of occupancy.
- I understand that if I plan to stay in my assigned room/apartment during the break period, my name must be included on a "registered to stay" report that RCL provides to Campus Police. I will assist in helping to communicate this requirement to other residents living within my room/suite/apartment. Furthermore, while on university property, I agree to carry a photo ID and will present it at the request of any Longwood University official.
- I understand that this break registration arrangement with Residential & Commuter Life and Longwood University is intended for my personal accommodation. Furthermore, I am responsible for my actions and campus property in my dwelling during this break period. I understand that the Honor Code and all other campus policies remain in effect and that any violations will result in student conduct and/or law enforcement action.
- I understand that all residence halls will remain LOCKED (24-hours/day) during the break and that my ID card will still operate primary/centrally located card readers.
- I understand that I may use my meal plan Bonus Dollars or Lancer Ca$h at Chick-fil-A. I am also aware of the following schedule, as published by Longwood Dining Services: Thursday, March 3: Outta Here closes at 2pm; P.O.D. Market closes at midnight. Friday, March 4: Outta Here and P.O.D. Market Closed. Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, and Java City close at 2pm; Moe’s closes at 8pm. Sunday, March 13: Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, Moe’s and P.O.D. Market open at 5pm. Monday, March 14: All locations resume regular hours of operation. For more information, visit www.Longwood.CampusDish.com.
- I understand that residence hall room and apartment entry may be necessary during the break period in order to facilitate preventive maintenance tasks (AC filter changes, etc.), general work orders or safety inspections. Special work projects will be directly communicated to impacted residents/buildings.
- I understand that all students should continue practicing personal safety habits during the break. I should always be aware of my campus and community surroundings.
- I understand that the FAB will end its student shuttle services at 5:00pm on Friday, March 4 for Spring Break. Shuttle service will resume at 1:00pm on Sunday, March 13. Again, there is no bus service for travel to Lancer Park or Longwood Village during the break period.
- I understand that the university will be CLOSED on Monday, March 7.
- I know that I can contact Campus Police at 434.395.2091 if I need general assistance or 911 if I have an emergency. If I see something, I will say something – thereby calling Campus Police right away to report a suspicious or concerning activity.
**Please note that you must use Internet Explorer or Firefox and "allow popups" in order to register to stay.**