Break Information and Register to Stay
By registering to stay, you are agreeing to comply with the following expectations:
- All residents of University-managed housing, wishing to stay during the recognized break period, must communicate their intentions. Completing the ON-LINE registration form will provide uninterrupted ID card access (where applicable) and will provide Campus Police with a record of occupancy.
- I understand that if I plan to stay in my assigned room/apartment during the break period, my name must be included on a "registered to stay" report that RCL provides to Campus Police. I will assist in helping to communicate this requirement to other residents living within my room/suite/apartment. Furthermore, while on university property, I agree to carry a photo ID and will present it at the request of any Longwood University official.
- I understand that this break registration arrangement with Residential & Commuter Life and Longwood University is intended for my personal accommodation. Furthermore, I am responsible for my actions and campus property in my dwelling during this break period. I understand that the Honor Code and all other campus policies remain in effect and that any violations will result in student conduct and/or law enforcement action.
- I understand that all residence halls will remain LOCKED (24/7) during the break and that my Longwood ID card will still operate the card reader(s) to my assigned building.
- I understand that Chick-fil-A will remain open, with adjusted hours, during Fall Break. Chick-fil-A accepts bonus dollars, Lancer cash, cash and credit. I am also aware of the following schedule, as published by Longwood Dining Services:
Thursday, October 8: Outta Here closes at 2:00pm; P.O.D. Market closes at Midnight.
Friday, October 9: Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, and Java City close at 2:00pm; Moe’s closes at 8:00pm. (Outta Here & P.O.D. Market Closed)
Friday, October 9 – Monday, October 12: Chick-fil-A open 7:30am – 9:00pm on 10/9; open 7:30am – 8:00pm on 10/10 and 10/12. Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays. (All other Longwood Dining locations closed.)
Tuesday, October 13: Chick-fil-A opens at 7:30am. Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, Moe’s and P.O.D. Market open at 5:00pm. (Java City closed until 10/14.)
Regular hours of operation resume on Wednesday, October 14. Hours of operation are subject to change. Visit www.Longwood.CampusDish.com for up-to-date hours and information.
- I understand that residence hall rooms and apartments are subject to entry during the break; limited work orders and/or facility safety inspections could occur.
- I understand that all students should continue practicing personal safety habits during the break. I should always be aware of my campus and community surroundings.
- I know that I can contact Campus Police at 434.395.2091 or 911 if I have an emergency or if I need general assistance. If I see something, I will say something – I will call Campus Police immediately to report a suspicious or concerning activity.
**Please note that you must use Internet Explorer or Firefox and "allow popups" in order to register to stay.**