Break Information and Register to Stay
Thanksgiving Break Expectations:
By registering to stay, I UNDERSTAND and WILL COMPLY with the following expectations:
- All residents of University-managed housing, wishing to stay during the recognized break period, must communicate their intentions. Completing the ON-LINE registration form will provide uninterrupted ID card access (where applicable) and will provide Campus Police with a record of occupancy.
- I understand that if I plan to stay in my assigned room/apartment during the break period, my name must be included on a "registered to stay" report that RCL provides to Campus Police. I will assist in helping to communicate this requirement to other residents living within my room/suite/apartment. Furthermore, while on university property, I agree to carry a photo ID and will present it at the request of any Longwood University official.
- I understand that this break registration arrangement with Residential & Commuter Life and Longwood University is intended for my personal accommodation. Furthermore, I am responsible for my actions and campus property in my dwelling during this break period. I understand that the Honor Code and all other campus policies remain in effect and that any violations will result in student conduct and/or law enforcement action.
- I understand that all residence halls will remain LOCKED (24/7) during the break and that my Longwood ID card will still operate the card reader(s) to my assigned building.
- I understand that Chick-fil-A will remain open, with adjusted hours, during Fall Break. Chick-fil-A accepts bonus dollars, Lancer cash, cash and credit. I am also aware of the following schedule, as published by Longwood Dining Services:
- I understand that Chick-fil-A accepts bonus dollars, Lancer Ca$h, credit or cash during the break and that adjusted Longwood Dining hours are as follows during the break:
Monday, Nov. 23 Outta Here closes at 3 pm; P.O.D. Market closes at Midnight; Tuesday, Nov. 24 Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, Java City and Moe’s Southwest Grill closes at 2pm. Chick-fil-A is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Sunday, Nov. 29, but will have operation hours (11am-8pm) during the rest of the break. Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Cafe, Moe's Southwest Grill and the P.O.D. Market re-open at 5pm on Sunday, Nov. 29. All normal operations resume on Monday, Nov. 30. To learn more, clickwww. longwood.campusdish.com.
- I understand that residence hall rooms and apartments are subject to entry during the break; limited work orders and/or facility safety inspections could occur.
- I understand that the FAB will end bus service at 5pm on Tuesday, Nov. 24 and will resume service at 1pm on Sunday, Nov. 29.
- I understand that all students should continue practicing personal safety habits during the break. I should always be aware of my campus and community surroundings.
- I know that I can contact Campus Police at 434.395.2091 or 911 if I have an emergency or if I need general assistance. If I see something, I will say something – I will call Campus Police immediately to report a suspicious or concerning activity.
**Please note that you must use Internet Explorer or Firefox and "allow popups" in order to register to stay.**