- Utilize the RCL professional staff that are here to assist you with any concerns.
- For the latest updates on campus happenings, events, programs and other important information, check out the Longwood University home page, read the Wednesday Wire, check out the bulletin board in the Commuter Lounge (Lankford Student Union 211) and other common areas. Some events may also be announced on the "table tents" in the Dining Hall.
- For details about University closings due to inclement weather, call 434-395-2000 or visit the Longwood home page.
- Information about campus organizations can be obtained in 218 Lankford Student Union.
- Make sure you purchase your parking decal no later than the second day of school. First go to the Cashiering Office located in Lancaster to initiate the process and pay the $250.00 yearly cost. You will then pick up your decal at Parking Services in the Graham Building. Remember, to only park in the areas designed for commuter students.
- Do not forget to carry your Lancer Card (Longwood student ID card) at all times. The I.D. Center is located in Lancaster G-22A, 434-395-2715.
- If you are on campus at night, utilize the Campus Escort Service by calling x2091 from any on-campus phone. A trained escort will be pleased to accompany you from a building to your car or any other campus destination. Make use of the blue campus phones if you need assistance.
- Get to know your professors! They are one of your most important campus contacts. Also make sure they are aware of any potential obstacles or special circumstances associated with your commuting lifestyle that could impact classroom performance.
- Voice your opinions! The Longwood Commuter Student Program is only as good as the input we receive from you, the students who matter to us. One of RCL's primary functions is to serve as an advocate on your behalf, so don't be shy about bringing interests and concerns to our attention. We are here to assist you! learn more.