Students can decide to fulfill an internship by working within the department on a research project with a faculty member. Students can also decide to fulfill an internship by choosing an organization or business (either on-campus or off-campus) that would enhance the students' current experiences or future goals.
Students can also sign up for internships that combine a paid (salaried) position with internship credits. In other words, you do not have to perform an internship for which you do not also receive a paycheck from the employer. However, the psychology department does not currently offer our own paid internships.
Click here for recent internship sites that would welcome future interns and further steps for setting up an internship.
View/download the required Internship Manual (pdf) for more information.
Visit with one of the faculty below to learn more about these internship opportunities.
- General Experimental - Eric Laws, Ph.D.
- Clinical/Counseling - Jennifer Apperson, Ph.D., Danette Gibbs, Ph.D.
- Developmental Psychology - Chris Bjornsen, Ph.D.
- Developmental Psychology, Cognitive, General Experimental - Stephanie Buchert, Ph.D.
- Industrial/Organizational - Dave Carkenord, Ph.D.
- Social Psychology, General Experimental - Sarai Blincoe, Ph.D.
- Biopsychology, Neuroscience - Catherine Franssen, Ph.D.