Text Size Print
Psi Chi & Psychology Club
Psi Chi is the international honor society in psychology, with specific academic requirements for membership. The Department of Psychology sends invitations to those students who qualify for membership.
To qualify, students must:
- be registered as either a major or minor in psychology
- have completed at least 3 semesters of college
- have completed at least 9 hours of psychology
- have an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- have a GPA of at least 3.00 in all psychology courses
- maintain high standards of personal behavior.
If you feel you meet the qualifications you may complete an application.
2015-2016 Psi Chi Officers
President - Jasmine Payne
Vice President - Skylar Yeatts
Secretary - Haley Moore
Treasurer - Nicole Chappelle
Historian - Mary Fleming
Information about Psi Chi meetings and events can be obtained by contacting one of the officers above. All current Longwood University students who are members of Psi Chi should receive these emails. If a member is not receiving emails, please email the current president.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Dave Carkenord
The Psychology Club is open to any students with an interest in psychology. There are no specific academic requirements. The club is intended to give students the opportunity to meet and network with other students who share similar interests.
Recent activities that the club has undertaken are:
- visiting a Sleep Disorder Clinic in Midlothian
- volunteering at Farmville Area Community Emergency Services (FACES)
- sponsoring a "movie night" with psychology related themes
- attending the poster session of research conducted by Longwood students
- sponsoring a booth at Spring Weekend
015-2016 Psychology Club Officers
President: Kelsey Bridges
Vice President: Becca Ciminelli
Secretary: Hayley Grossman
Historian/Treasurer: Megan Chiodo
Information about Psych Club meetings and events are provided by one of the officers above. If a member is not receiving emails, please email a current officer. Psych Club events are also announced on their bulletin board, located on the 3rd floor of West Ruffner.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Stephanie Buchert