Office of Professional Services
The Office of Professional Services coordinates field and clinical experiences for undergraduate and graduate teacher candidates who are pursuing an initial teaching license.
Field and clinical experiences include Practicum One Week, Practicum Three Week, Partnership, Professional Semester and Graduate Professional Semester.
Do you know where you want to teach?
Here are helpful links for prospective Virginia teachers.
Fall 2015 Student Teaching Orientations Hull 132 Auditorium
PK-12 & Secondary 6-12 Education Majors 3:30-4:30 PM
Elementary & Middle Education Majors 4:30-5:30 PM
Spring 2015 Partnership Meeting 4:00-5:00 PM Hull 132 Auditorium
Pre-Service Teacher Celebration 4:00 - 5:00 PM Hull 132 Auditorium
OPS ALERT (pdf)
One Stop OPS
- School Divisions for Placements (pdf)
- Additional Practicum Requirements for School Divisions (pdf)
- Additional Student Teaching Requirements for School Divisions (pdf)
- Requirements for Placement (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What I Wish I Had Known Sooner (pdf)
- Additional Information for Prospective Transfer Students
Stay updated join our OPS facebook group.
Follow @OPS_Longwood on Twitter
Important Dates, Deadlines & Timelines
Make sure you view our:
- important dates
- timeline of OPS Deadlines, Requirements for Teacher Prep, and Placements (pdf)
- suggested timeline for Liberal Studies majors