Initial Licensure in Virginia
- Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) Reading and Writing http://www.va.nesinc.com/
- Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE) for elementary and/or special education http://www.ets.org/praxis/va/requirements
- Praxis II content area tests (if applicable) http://www.ets.org/praxis/about/fees
- Program Requirements Chart
- Timeline for Testing by Program Area
- VDOE Licensure Assessments Chart
ATTENTION: Students Preparing for Assessments for Initial Licensure
When pursuing accommodations for assessments, the process can take up to 6 weeks.
If you are registered with the Office of Disability Resources and plan on seeking accommodations for your required testing for the Teacher Preparation program, you must meet with the Assistant Director of Disability Resources at least 2 months prior to when you want to take your tests.
The Assistant Director of Disability can be reached directly at (434) 395-2392. The office is located in Graham Hall Room 119.