Revised Teacher Preparation Application Process (pdf)
Upon acceptance to the graduate program, Initial Licensure Candidates will apply to the Teacher Preparation Program by the end of the first semester of enrollment after acceptance.
The Initial Licensure Candidate will apply by:
1. Completing the online Teacher Preparation Program application.
2. Meeting GPA admission requirement to the graduate program.
3. Completing the online Child Abuse Recognition and Intervention Training Module and submit the link to the certificate to OPS@longwood.edu.
The Graduate Studies office will provide the following items from the teacher candidate’s Application for Graduate Admission:
1. Passing scores on one of the following tests:
a. SAT composite score of 1100, 530 or higher on both the math and verbal sections of the test (prior to 1995, SAT composite score of 1000 with no less that 450 verbal and 510 math) or
b. ACT composite score of 24, math minimum 22, reading and English total 46 or
c. Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) Reading and Writing Composite Score 470 and SAT Mathematics score 530 or
d. Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) Reading and Writing Composite Score 470 and ACT Mathematics score 22 or
e. Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) Reading and Writing Composite Score 470 and New Praxis I CASE Mathematics score 150 (if taken after January 1, 2014 or Old Praxis I PPST Mathematics Score 178 (if taken before December 31, 2013 or
f. Praxis 1 CASE: (if taken after January 1, 2014 Reading Score 156, Writing Score 162, Math Score 150
g. Composite Praxis I PPST score of 532 (if taken before December 31, 2013)
2. Official transcripts from colleges and universities attended.