2012 Board Retreat
On June 14, 2012, members of Longwood's Board of Visitors, Alumni Association Board and Foundation Board and other constituents gathered with faculty and staff to discuss the university's future.
- Longwood facts and figures
- Plans for the new north campus residence halls, Alumni Center and University Center
- Areas where participants felt change is needed and where current practice should be maintained
- How private giving provides the margin of excellence for Longwood
Newly appointed Board Rector Marianne Radcliff gave an overview of the recent leadership transition at Longwood and how it is being handled, and Interim President Marge Connelly provided a glimpse of her approach to her new job as Longwood's chief executive.
To the right, you will find materials related to the presentations as well as input from the more than 100 participants.
If you have questions, please call University Advancement at 434-395-2028.
- Retreat Agenda (pdf)
- Interim President Marge Connelly Remarks (pdf)
- The Longwood Brain Game (pdf)
- "Where to Change/Where to Maintain" Summary (pdf)
- Online and Blended Initiatives (pdf)
- Philanthropic Opportunities (pdf)
- Campus Master Plan (pdf)
- North Campus Student Housing (pdf)
- Maugans Alumni Center (pdf)
- University Center (pdf)
- Commencement Video