Text Size Print
Contest Rules and Regulations
By submitting a photo or video, contest participants agree to adhere to the following rules and regulations. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
- To be eligible to participate in this contest, you must be a currently enrolled student at Longwood University. Eligible photos and videos must be taken at the 2013 Rock the Block event, and participants may submit entries via Vine, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #RTB2013 by the official deadline (9 a.m. on Monday, September 23, 2013).
- The hashtag #RTB2013 MUST be present for an entry to be considered for the challenge.
- The contest sponsors will choose, in their opinion, the best entries out of those entered as finalists of the following categories:
- Most Artistic Photo
- Best Action Photo
- Best Group Photo
- Best Free Loot Photo
- Best Vine or Instagram Video
- The contest sponsors will then choose, in their opinion, the best entry from the finalists as the winner for each category. Each winner will receive a #Longwood175 t-shirt and bragging rights.
- The finalists for each category, except category e, will be automatically entered to compete for the People’s Choice award and posted in an album on the Longwood University Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LongwoodUniversity on Monday afternoon, September 23rd, 2013. Votes on each photograph will then be collected via the Facebook "like" functionality. Likes will be collected until 5pm on Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 at which point the photograph with the most votes will be declared the People’s Choice winner. In the event of a tie, all parties will win a prize.
- Winners will be announced on Longwood’s Facebook and Twitter accounts no later than Thursday, September 26, 2013.
- Your post must be public otherwise the contest sponsors cannot guarantee it will be seen and considered for the challenge. It is your responsibility to determine how to make your post publicly viewable.
- All entrants acknowledge and agree that the contest sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by an entrant, and may, in their sole discretion, delete any work that the entrant submits. Entrants acknowledge and agree that by submitting a photo or video they are giving Longwood University and its affiliates royalty-free permission to publish the photograph on any of its websites or use in any other form of advertising or promotion.
- By entering this challenge you acknowledge that you understand this challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Each entrant agrees not to submit photos or video that contain vulgar, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or indecent behavior or infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or photos that otherwise violate applicable U.S. law.
- Each entrant is responsible for obtaining permission of each recognizable person serving as the subject of their entry. If any complaints are received by Longwood from the subject of an entry, the photo/video will be removed from all Longwood websites, and that photo will be disqualified from the challenge.
- The contest sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner or may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. All decisions will be made by the contest sponsors and are final. The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.