Marketing & Communications
University Marketing and Communications, a unit of the Strategic Operations division, supports the Longwood University Strategic Plan through the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated marketing and communications plan that helps to position the university in a positive and proactive manner.
Responsibilities and Services
The three primary divisions of this department (Brand Marketing and Publications, Digital Marketing and Content Strategy, and Athletics Communications) cover a broad range of responsibilities including primary and secondary publications, branding strategy, identity management, media relations, new media, web communications, advertising, publicity, promotion, photography, and internal/external crisis communication.
Additionally, the office is client-based and provides the entire campus community with a full range of marketing-oriented services including conceptualization, copywriting, photography, layout, design, and project supervision from concept through final production.
Latest News Stories
- Pre-service teachers bring science, music to life in unique school outreach program (11/20)
- Longwood establishes Institute of Archaeology, will bolster undergraduate research, professional experience (11/18)
- Longwood theatre major working as assistant lighting designer on world premiere musical (11/4)
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and student involvement aid Longwood environmental education project (10/28)
- Innovative Minecraft program brings together technology, reading at 2015 VCBF (10/23)
- Smooth as…: How students feel when they read Dos Passos Prize winner Paul Beatty’s poems [VIDEO] (10/22)