The Web Communications team provides several different services for the University and campus community including:
- Managing all marketing-oriented web communications for the University, which include developing and maintaining primary university web sites and pages, developing and launching new web marketing strategies based on market research and web analysis, and developing detailed web proposals as necessary to take Longwood's web presence to the next level.
- Managing web projects including the RedDot content management system, Luminis portal, video and audio podcasts, student blogging applications, streaming webcasts, and other new media projects.
- Providing guidance and/or assistance in designing and developing web pages for Longwood schools and administrative offices.
- Performing research and analysis through site reviews, usability testing, online surveys, web traffic analysis, card sorting exercises, and link tracking.
- Promoting the "Discover the Power in You™" campaign through marketing-oriented web communications.
- Maintaining and disseminating University web standards.
- Exploring new and changing web-related technologies and strategies.
Social Media Unplugged
CRT/tanaka and Longwood University presented the session "Social Media Unplugged" at the CASE District I conference in Boston on January 28, 2011.
Download the presentation (.ppt)
Topic: The real value of social media is in the genuine, authentic, word-of-mouth extension of a university's brand beyond its official "fan pages." Seeding and nurturing these online conversations, however, requires significant offline attention.
RedDot is Here!
The mission of project RedDot is to bring an attractive, user-friendly and consistent design to Longwood’s official web site, while making it easier for content owners to create, manage and edit web content without requiring technical knowledge of web design or HTML.
For more information, visit www.longwood.edu/reddot
Web Guidelines & Policies
- Academic & Administrative Web Policy
- Guidelines for Longwood Affiliated Web Sites
- Social Media Guidelines (pdf)
- Social Media Posting Guidelines (pdf)
RoyaltyFreeMusic.com provides Longwood with royalty-free music and sound effects at no cost for a variety of non-profit projects such as tech-based programs, web sites, videos, PowerPoint presentations and more. Award winning library of royalty free music from RoyaltyFreeMusic.com
Web Communications Staff
Director of Web Communications
Mary Jo Stockton
Web Technology Coordinator
Web Designer / Developer
Web & Systems Specialist