Project Request Procedures
For any new project that involves the purchase/installation of new enterprise applications, please follow these procedures:
- Our simplified process makes it easy to initiate new IT Projects using an online Project Inquiry Form.
- After you fill out the form, a copy is emailed to the Project Management Office.
- From that point forward, we will be there to help you every step of the way.
You may not need to go through the IT Project process. The following tasks can be accomplished with an ITS work order:
- Technical support with desktop applications (Office programs, Exchange, etc.)
- Technical support for existing enterprise applications such as Banner, Resource 25, myLongwood
- Replacement or maintenance of faculty/staff desktop computers and peripherals
After the initial Project Inquiry is submitted, the Project Management Office works with you to clarify your specific needs.
A revised Project Inquiry is then sent to the University's Chief Information Officer for concept approval.
This authorizes the Project Management Office to use ITS resources to evaluate specific solutions and costs.
A formal Project Proposal is then submitted. Once that Proposal is approved, an exhaustive Project Plan is developed for implementation.
- IT Project Management Documentation and Guidelines Overview (pdf)
NOTE: These guidelines apply to Longwood University IT projects valued under $100,000. Projects of greater cost are required to adhere to VITA Project Management standards.