Billing & Payment System
Longwood's Billing and Payment System & Policies: Explained
Parent's Role in the Payment Process
Longwood University complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). This means that your student’s financial records may not be shared with a third party without your student’s written consent. This policy affects parent’s access to student accounts and our online payment system. Longwood University understands that parent’s want and need access to their students’ account in order to make payments. This is why Longwood has created an authorized user feature for TouchNet Ebill, our online billing and payment system. This allows your student to create an account for you which give you access to their account and the ability to make payments. To learn how this process works, see below.
Authorized Users and How to Become One
Parents or any individual a student desires to give access to make payments on their behalf will become an Authorized user once the student creates an account for the individual. Adding an authorized user is your student’s written consent that an individual may view their account information and make payments on their behalf. Below are steps in which your student should take to create an authorized user:
- The student will need to Log-in to the TouchNet Ebill payment system (login into myLongwood, select the Student tab, click on My Student Account, scroll to the bottom to access account information)
- Next, the student should click on the Authorized User tab in the top right portion of the menu
- The next screen will allow the student to view all authorized users, if any, for their account
- To create a new authorized user, the student should click on the “Add an Authorized User” button in the bottom right corner of the page
- A small data form will appear at the bottom of the screen that will ask for the e-mail address of the authorized user and will ask whether to give several permission options as well
- Once the student has entered the appropriate information and clicks “Add User” they will be prompted to read and accept a consent form by entering the last four digits of their student id number and clicking “I Agree”
- An e-mail will then be sent to the authorized user and will include their log-in information
- The authorized user will then have access to the student’s account through the Student Account Suite web site
More information can be found on the Office of Student Accounts web site
*Please note that authorized users DO NOT have access to the student's stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information.
The Online Payment System and How It Works
Longwood University has modernized its billing and payment methods by utilizing an electronic billing and payment solution, TouchNet Ebill. This online based payment system eliminates paper bills and allows for quick and easy management of student accounts
- Monthly Payment Plans
The convenience of paying school expenses on a monthly basis is an attractive option for many families. Longwood University provides an opportunity for parents and students to pay educational expenses in four interest-free installments per semester. The plan is available to any student for the fall and/or spring semesters with the exception of study abroad students. Click here to learn more.
- Other Fees
There are some fees that are not posted to the student account. At this time, library fees, LancerNet fees, etc are not on the actual student account. These fees must be paid by your student in the cashiering office located in the Lancaster building.
For more information regarding the payment process, payment methods and other important payment information, please visit the Office of Student Accounts.