- About Longwood
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Academics & Majors
- Student Life
- Offices & Services
- News & Events
Text Size Print
News & Events
U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, who as Virginia governor helped Longwood University rebuild from a fire to its signature building and signed into law Longwood’s designation as a university, will serve as the 2014 commencement speaker, as the university celebrates its 175th anniversary.Read more
Latest Media News, Editorials, Etc.
- Dr. George Banks’ Research Reported in The Wall Street Journal (2/24)
- Longwood conference covered in Indian newspaper (2/24)
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Talk by composer Damon Ferrante and concert of his music to be given at Longwood April 8/9 (4/4)
- Longwood honors five retiring faculty members (3/28)
- Longwood teacher preparation program in Martinsville helping nontraditional students (4/21)
- Talk on Lance Armstrong and cheating to be given by Longwood ethics specialist April 17 (4/15)
- Longwood student magazine documents personal impact of Prince Edward school closing (4/14)
Longwood University endorses the Grow By Degrees campaign launched on June 22 by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council (VBHEC). The goal of the program is to promote economic growth in Virginia through higher education.
"With Good Reason" (WGR) is Virginia's first and only statewide public radio program featuring interviews with outstanding faculty members at Virginia's public colleges and universities on topics of interest to the general public. The pre-recorded, half-hour NPR program normally features two faculty members from two different institutions. With Good Reason is funded by the Virginia Higher Education Broadcasting Consortium and produced and sponsored by the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy in Charlottesville.