A Lancer Card (Longwood ID card) is a must for all Longwood students and should be carried at all times while on campus. The card, which identifies you as a currently registered student, also entitles you to various other privileges and potential uses on and off campus.
Lancer Card Requirements
In order to receive a student ID card you must be a currently registered student. You will also need to show some sort of government issued picture ID (driver's license, military ID, passport).
Your initial Lancer Card is printed free of charge. Cards that are lost, stolen, cracked, stop working, or damaged in any way can be replaced at a cost of $15.00. Only the latest card printed is valid, no exceptions. Replacement of a card when there is a change in the cardholder status or name is $5; however, the old card must be presented in exchange. The filing of a police report does not waive the replacement fee of a stolen ID card.
If you lose your Lancer Card during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, you will need to get a replacement card. If you lose your card after hours or on weekends, you can be issued a loaner card to provide door access for up to 72 hours. Loaner cards are distributed through the Campus Police Department located in the basement of Dorrill Dining Hall.
You may show your loaner card, with an additional photo ID, to enter the Dorrill Dining Hall on weekends if you have a meal plan. You will be asked to sign in and your meals eaten will be deducted from your meal plan on the next business day. If you do not have a meal plan, or have no meals remaining, you will be required to pay cash at the door.
Please note that any abuse of this policy is considered an honor code violation.
Physical Security Services
The Physical Services office is located within the Campus Police Department in the basement of Dorrill Dining Hall. Please contact Debra A. Wooding at 434-395-2279 or firstname.lastname@example.org for access control requests, door maintenance or other issues involving building access.
Your ID card is essential to your college experience. Take care of it. In the event that your card becomes lost or stolen, please report it lost online or by contacting the Lancer Card Center at 434-395-2715 during normal business hours. After hours, contact the Police Department Dispatch at 434-395-2091.
- Keep your card in a secure location
- Use a protective case to prevent damage
Please Do Not
- Mark or bend the card
- Punch holes in your card
- Scratch the magnetic stripes on the back of the card
- Use the card to attempt to pry open doors
- Store your card against another card with a magnetic stripe
Expose to high temperatures such as leaving in direct sunlight or drying in clothes
- All damaged ID cards can be replaced at the LancerCard Center. Please see the "Fees" section for pricing information.
Uses of the ID card
- Identification as a Longwood University student
- Your library card
- Access to your residence hall
- Access to your meal plan
- Access to your Lancer CA$H Account
- Access to the computer labs during certain hours
- FREE admittance to home athletic events
- FREE admittance to the Health & Fitness Center
- FREE rides on the Farmville area bus