Applying for a Passport
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PASSPORT, you should apply for one as soon as possible.
- IF YOUR PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE BEFORE THE END OF YOUR PERIOD OF TRAVEL,you should renew it now.
- IF YOUR PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE LESS THAN SIX MONTHS AFTER YOUR EXPECTED DATE OF ARRIVAL AT YOUR FOREIGN DESTINATION, you should renew it now.
- PLEASE NOTE: Most countries require at least six months of validity on your passport from your date of arrival. This does vary in some countries, however. Please be sure to check the passport policies for your specific destination on the U.S. Department of State's International Travel Page: http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html
- If the quality of the photo is not acceptable, your materials will be returned by the State Department. We recommend that you consider using the Farmville Post Office when getting your passport picture taken.
For all information about passports, please visit the US Department of State's Passport website.
There you will find information about: