Pre-Departure Workshop Dates and Locations, Fall 2016
- For those participating in short-term programs:
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 7 p.m., Stevens 118
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, 4 p.m., Stevens 118
- For those participating in semester-long programs:
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 4 p.m., Stevens 118
Preparing for the opportunities and risks abroad
The Office of International Affairs requires all students to attend a pre-departure workshop that prepares them to set goals, mitigate risks, and be successful abroad. These sessions are an important part of preparing to study abroad. We will cover topics such as safety tips while traveling, appropriate behavior and dress, safe handling of money, insurance coverage, and how to get help in case of an emergency. Students must attend a workshop the semester before departure each time that they choose to study abroad.
- Students must attend a pre-departure workshop for every faculty-led program they will be participating in. Students planning on going on more than one faculty-led program while at Longwood will have to participate in a session for each program in which they are participating.
- Students must attend the ENTIRE session. If you arrive late or leave early, your attendance will not count.
- Participants will be required to sign a form affirming that they have received and understood all information provided. They will also need to provide their Longwood ID numbers on the form.
- Students who fail to attend a scheduled workshop must pay a $75 fee to attend a make-up presentation. No students will be permitted to study abroad through Longwood without having attended a pre-departure workshop.