Text Size Print
The university's data is an important asset that must be protected.
University data is classified into one of three categories based on its confidentiality: public, internal or restricted. Data classifications are organized by university division and each data type has been assigned a single owner.
1. Locate the data type you wish to store, use, transmit or dispose of and determine its classification.
- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Facilities Management and Real Property
- Information Technology Services
- President's Office
- Student Affairs
- Institutional Advancement
2. Determine the appropriate protection requirements per the Data Handling Standards based on the data classification.
For questions regarding a data type or its classification contact the data owner.
Data owners: For changes to data types, descriptions and classifications contact the Information Security Office.