The Security Minute Newsletter
The Security Minute
Take a Second to Be Secure
The Information Security Office publishes a monthly newsletter designed to raise awareness of information security related issues and concerns. If you have any questions regarding the newsletter, please contact Jen Eckrote at 434-395-2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently working on updating our Newsletter. Stay tuned.
- May 2013 (pdf) - Privacy @ Work
- April 2013 (pdf) - The à la carte You!
- March 2013 (pdf) - Why does Longwood offer Remote Access VPNs?
- February 2013 (pdf) - Authentication
- January 2013 (pdf) - what your pictures are saying about you
- December 2012 (pdf) - Password Strength
- November 2012 (pdf) - Spear Phishing @ Longwood | a true story...
- October 2012 - it's National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- September 2012- Hello | Goodbye | Hello
- March 2012- Infectious Viruses...ewww...
- February 2012- Your *click* got jacked...
- November & December 2011- How to spot a Social Engineer
- October 2011- How to be an e-Citizen Leader
- August 2011- Reminder about copyrights
- May & June 2011- Information Security Survey Results 2011
- March & April 2011- R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
- February 2011- Tell me about it : How to Report Incidents
- December 2010/January 2011- Data Classification :: (Re)STRICT(ed): A recap of the strict Handling Standards for sensitive electronic data.
- November 2010- Data Classification :: Carry & Move - On
- October 2010- October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
- September 2010- Data Classfication :: Keep - On
- August 2010- Data Classification :: (re)Introduction
- July 2010- Plain English Policy :: 6104 :: Acceptable Use...
- June 2010- Information Security Survey Results
- January 2010- Data Classification at Longwood
- November 2009- Be a Social Networking VIP!
- October 2009- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month!
- September 2009- Be a Search Superstar: Avoid Scams and Malware Online
- August 2009- What I Learned about Information Security This Summer
- July 2009- Protect Your Social Security Number to Prevent Identity Theft
- June 2009 - Recognizing Fraudulent Web Addresses
- May 2009- What Juicy Details Are in Your E-mails?
- April 2009- We Want to Hear from You
- March 2009- Awareness: The First Step to Preventing Identity Theft
- February 2009- Friends Don't Let Friends Forward Chain Letters
- January 2009- Making Passwords Difficult to Guess
- December 2008- 5 Steps to Safer Online Shopping
- November 2008- Defense-In-Depth: Many Pieces to the Security Puzzle
- October 2008- October is Information Security Awareness Month
- September 2008- Don't Click that Link, Even If:
- August 2008- This year I will take the time to...
- July 2008- Simplifying Security: Understanding the 3 Goals of Security
- June 2008- Shaking it Up: Changing Your Password Regularly
- May 2008- Be Mysterious: Don't Share Your Password
- April 2008- Save Yourself and Your Inbox from Spam
- March 2008- Security: Myths Versus Reality
- February 2008- Are You At Risk Of Being Phished?
- January 2008 - Protect Yourself: Think Before You Click