Diet & Nutrition
Beyond the Garden
Student research is conducted each semester on issues related to the Cormier Honors College Vegetable Garden.
Topics in the current semester include:
- possible relationships between genetically modified plants and allergies;
- vegan/vegetarian diets and grocery story inventory.
Future topics to be studied include:
- processed food and health issues;
the fast food industry and diet;
- principles of organic gardening;
- the politics of agriculture;
- elementary education and sustainability;
- marketing in the electronic age;
- community relations in college towns;
- the psychology of gardening;
- gardens throughout history;
- gardens and art;
- the economics of home gardens;
- gardens and exercise.
Results of student research projects will be included in our online library.