Text Size Print
Need to Know Information for Families
- Certificates of Immunization are due by July 10
- We operate like most primary care offices and are open 8:15am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Students are seen by appointment
- Illnesses or injuries that require immediate attention after hours should be evaluated at the local Urgent Care Center or Emergency Department (Centra Southside Community Hospital).
- Only your student can make an appointment with us
- All visits are CONFIDENTIAL
- There is no blanket release form for any medical information. Your student must sign a medical release form in our office any time you wish to speak with us about a specific occurrence only.
- There is no charge for office visits
- Please make sure your student has a copy of any insurance information if prescriptions, lab tests, or outside referrals are needed.
- Your student will be seen by a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant who can perscribe most medications she/he may require
- Students must fill prescriptions at a local pharmacy (Rite-Aid, Wal-Mart, CVS)
- Any student who regularly takes medications should consider having a locl box to store them in their rooms.
- Allergy serum is administered by us and is the only medicine kept at the SHWC
- We recommend you send your student to school with a self-care kit or a first aid kit. Self care kit item suggestions are located on the incoming student page.