The Red Zone
Now that you are here at Longwood, you will have more choices, different pressures, and no direct parental boundaries or influences to guide you.
- What will you expect of yourself?
- What are your responsibilities to your community?
- Will alcohol or other drugs play a role in your life?
We are all excited about your arrival to the Longwood community, and want your experience to be positive. Unfortunately, bad things happen at times; however, with knowledge up front, you can reduce the risk of these things from happening to you.
Please remember the following safety tips and facts:
- Most sexual assaults occur with individuals you know or have just met.
- Don't leave valuables unattended and lock your door.
- Don't walk alone and be aware of your surroundings.
- Know when you've had too much to drink and don't be afraid to say "No!".
- If you choose to drink, don't accept drinks if they are opened or if you did not see them being made. This will help to avoid any date rape drugs.