Text Size Print
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Student Rights Include:
- The right of humane care and treatment.
- The right to competent treatment.
- The right to accurate information.
- The right to confidentiality regarding disclosures and records.
- The right to information regarding the scope and availability of service.
- The right to information regarding fees-for-services.
- The right to full information regarding appropriate channels for expressing grievances and making evaluations.
- The right to know organizational policies regarding experimental research without jeopardizing access to care.
Student Health and Wellness Center Personnel May Reasonably Expect Students:
- To be honest in providing information to Student Health and Wellness Center personnel. Failure to provide honest and full information can result in improper evaluation.
- To ask questions to insure appropriate comprehension of their illness, plan of care and to appropriately express one's needs, concerns and feelings.
- To avail themselves of educational opportunities offered through the Student Health and Wellness Center, and to employ knowledge and experience gained towards developing a healthy lifestyle and towards modifying the factors adversely affecting heath status.
- To show respect and be courteous to Student Health and Wellness Center personnel as well as fellow student subscribers at each encounter.
- To utilize the grievance procedure when a problem exists regarding care received or at any time one believes their rights have been violated.
- To come to appointments on time/or cancel or reschedule as far in advance as possible, so that the time may be given to someone else.
- To abide by Student Health and Wellness Center policies and State Laws regarding immunization and health record requirements.
- To not give medicine prescribed for you to others.
- To communicate with your health provider if your condition worsens or does not follow the expected course.