Order of Omega
Order of Omega is an honorary organization for men and women involved in a Social Greek organization. To be eligable for membership you must have the following requirements:
Must be a Junior or Senior at Longwood University
Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing within their organization
Order of Omega hosts and assists with the planning of events on campus such as:
Greek Summit, Greek Awards, Greek Week.
Greek Man/Woman of the Quarter
"Greek Man and Greek Woman of the Quarter" represents someone who has exemplified outstanding leadership, scholarship and service within the Greek and Longwood community.
The Purpose of Order of Omega
- To recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation.
- To provide programs and activities, both developmental and social, for all member organizations to help improve their functioning and to provide common experiences that encourgae cooperation and unity among them.