Text Size Default Text SizeDefault Text Size Large Text SizeLarge Text Size Largest Text SizeLargest Text Size Print Print this Page

Endorsement - Existing Teaching License

Students in the Elementary & Middle School Mathematics concentration, Curriculum & Instruction Specialist in Special Education General Curriculum concentration or professional endorsement, the Educational Leadership degree concentration or professional endorsement,  the School Counseling concentration, the Reading, Literacy & Learning degree major or professional endorsement, and the School Librarianship degree major or professional endorsement are eligible for an endorsement to be added to their existing teaching license upon successful completion and upgrade to the Postgraduate Professional Teaching License if completing a master's degree.  The Health & Physical Education degree concentration is eligible to upgrade to the Postgraduate Professional Teaching License upon successful completion.

Students need to work closely with the Personnel Office in their school division. The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) "College Verification Form" must be completed. That form should be available in your Personnel Office or you will find it on the DOE web site, under the menu item "Licensure" in the menu list on the right-hand side of their home page. Once on the "Licensure" page, you select Application for a Virginia License, and the College Verification Form will be the second to the last page in the pdf document. You complete Part I of that form and submit it to Longwood's Licensure Officer, Dr. Connie Ballard.  Dr. Ballard will complete Part II and the signature portion of the form and send the completed form to your school division Personnel Office.  Be sure to include the name and mailing address of the person in your personnel office to which you wish the completed College Verification Form mailed. Your Personnel Office will need an official transcript in order to process the request for the endorsement.  You request the official transcript from the Longwood Registration Office by visiting their website - www.longwood.edu/registrar/.  The final arrangements to submit the paperwork to VDOE along with their required fee to add the endorsement to your license must be completed by you in conjunction with your Personnel Office.

Dr. Connie Ballard
Office of Professional Services
Longwood University
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
434.395.2148 fax