Text Size Print
Deadline for Nominations - March 27th, 2015
Inclusive Excellence Award
The establishment of this award is an effort by the Office of Disability Resources to recognize faculty and staff members who share and help promote our mission.
The Inclusive Excellence Award is given to one member of the Longwood faculty and staff that have made significant contributions to the campus community in the area of inclusive design and practice during the past academic year. (i.e. ensuring an off-campus trip is accessible for all students participating, including accessibility statement on marketing materials)
The Inclusive Excellence Award recognizes members of our campus community that promote inclusive practices within the classroom, through programmatic efforts, through their daily job duties, and through daily campus involvement.
The recipient of this award has gone above and beyond in working with students with disabilities, and has been supportive of the Office of Disability Resources mission and vision.
Nomination and Selection Process:
- Faculty and Staff members can be nominated for this award by any Longwood student, faculty, or staff member.
- The person nominating must state how the individual has incorporated inclusive practices into the classroom, programmatic efforts, daily job duties, or through daily campus involvement.
- A brief description of the nominee’s distinctive qualities as a faculty or staff member and how they have provided a supportive and positive learning environment for students with disabilities must be provided.
- Once a faculty or staff member is nominated then they will be asked to submit additional information.
- The selection committee will review all information received and make the final decision.
The award will be presented to the faculty and staff member in April at the Diversity & Inclusion Awards Banquet. Following the presentation of the award an announcement of the Inclusive Excellence Award recipients will be made to the campus community via email by the Director for Disability Resources (through the VP SA’s Office). The recipient will also be recognized via a plaque that will visible in the Disability Resources Office.
Nomination and Selection Process
- February 23rd, 2015 - Announcement to campus community
- March 27th, 2015 - Nomination Deadline, 5pm
- April 3rd, 2015 - Deadline for Faculty & Staff Nominee's to submit additional information
- April 6th, 2015 - Committee Review & Selection
- Mid April, 2015 - Award Presented at Diversity & Inclusion, Awards Banquet