Organizational Communication & PR
Organizational Communication & Public Relations Concentration
Are you destined to become a PR guru? Do you have a passion for organzing events? Think you'd make an excellent marketer, administrator, or public spokesperson? If these careers sound interesting to you, consider our Concentration in Organizational Communication and Public Relations.
Students learn ways in which organizations communicate with internal and external audiences, and how workplace relationships affect organizational functioning.
Students pursuing the Organizational Communication and Public Relations Concentration may choose to enter careers such as Public Relations, Event Planning, Human Resources, Corporate Training, or Marketing.
Communication Studies Core Classes
- COMM 101 Public Speaking
- COMM 200 Introduction to Communication Studies
- COMM 210 Media & Society
- COMM 310 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 460 Communication Research Methods & Prospectus
- COMM 461 Senior Seminar
- COMM 492 Communication Internship
Classes Required for Organizational Communication and Public Relations Concentration
- COMM 280 Fundamentals of Public Relations
- COMM 350 Persuasion Theory
- COMM 362 Organizational Communication
- COMM 364 Applied Organizational Communication
- COMM 366 Conflict Resolution
- COMM 420 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 470 Gender and Communication
- COMM 481 Crisis Communication