Guest Information: Graduate Ceremony
Things to Note
- Please be seated by 5:15 pm in Jarman Hall. To show respect to the graduates, guests not seated prior to the processional will need to wait until after the processional to enter Jarman Hall.
- Guests are requested to stand during the processional until after the National Anthem and posting of the colors.
- Graduation is a formal academic ceremony and a special day for the graduates. Please respect this occasion and the graduates by remaining seated and quiet during the ceremony.
- During the recessional, guests are requested to stand and remain at their seats until graduates have finished marching out of Jarman.
- Please visit the FAQ Graduate page for more information.
Parking is available throughout the campus at any open campus parking lot. If you have accessibility needs, such as accessible parking, contact the Office of Disability Resources at 434.395.2391 by May 11.
- Stay locally!
Our comprehensive list of places to stay in the immediate Farmville area is available here.
- Stay on Campus!
Longwood Commencement Guest Housing
If you have additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions list for the Graduate ceremony.