Things to Note
- Please arrive early and be seated by 9:00 a.m., as the processional starts at approximately 9:15 a.m.
- Graduation is a formal academic ceremony and a special day for the graduates. Please respect this occasion and the graduates by remaining seated and quiet during the ceremony.
- With over 8000 guests at Commencement, we suggest you designate a spot to meet your party after the ceremony.
- Due to the size of our crowd, please leave your pets at home.
- Please note that many seats are in the sun and plan accordingly. Umbrellas are not allowed in the general seating area because they block the view of the other guests. If you need to sit in the shade or use an umbrella, please plan to bring your own chairs and sit to the side.
- Jarman Auditorium will also be open with live web streaming displayed, if you want to get out of the sun.
- 6000 chairs are ordered and there is usually enough for those who want a seat. However, you are welcome to bring your own chairs if you wish.
- The undergraduate ceremony is webcast live and the video streaming link will be available from the main Commencement page on the day of the ceremony.
Parking is available throughout the campus at any open campus parking lot. Shuttles are provided from the Wynne lot near the baseball stadium. If you have accessibility needs, such as accessible parking, contact the Office of Disability Resources at 434.395.2391 by May 6.
Flowers and Gifts
The Interfraternity Council will be selling flowers for you to present to your graduate. Longwood Bookstore will also have Longwood gift items available for sale. Look for the tables on Wheeler Mall near the Blackwell Fountain.
Longwood Dining Services will offer various snacks, drinks, and breakfast biscuits for sale on Wheeler Mall.
Free shuttle service will be provided from several nearby hotels and apartment complexes to campus and back. Buses will run from 7:45 a.m.-9:15 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. respectively and will be provided at the following locations: Longwood Village, Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Super 8, Sunchase, Hampton Inn, and Lancer Park.
Shuttles will also run between the Wynne parking lot to Lankford Circle near Wheeler Mall. Signs posted on Main Street will direct you to the Wynne lot at the corner of Main Street and Wynne Drive (near #42 on the campus map).
- A comprehensive list of places to stay in the immediate Farmville area is available here.
- Longwood Commencement Guest Housing