University of Virginia
Dual-Degree Program: UVa Requirements
- Application Form (PDF)
What engineering disciplines are available?
- Engineering Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Materials Science
- Computer Science
- Electrical Systems
What are the requirements for admission into the dual degree program at the University of Virginia?
The student should have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 to be accepted in the fourth year of study as a special (non-degree) undergraduate student at UVa. Application for admission into the chosen graduate program is made through a separate application at the end of the fourth year and is not guaranteed. The track record of Longwood Students being accepted into the graduate program is very good.
What additional courses are required before transfer?
The following electives are recommended:
- CMSC 160, Introduction to Computer Programming (3 credits)
- MATH 300, A Transition to Advanced Mathematics (3 credits)
- MATH 343, Linear Algebra (3 credits)
- MATH 371, Introduction to Probability and Statistics (3 credits)
- MATH 461, Senior Seminar (1 credit)
- MATH 481, Complex Analysis (3 credits)