The University Career Center is excited to announce that we now have Career Educators. This wonderful group of students can be a great resource and are happy to present a program for you and your students!
- Overview of University Career Center Services
- Clothing & Business Attire 101
Become a Career Educator
The University Career Center is always looking for students interested in becoming a Career Educator.
What is a Career Educator?
Career Educators are a volunteer group of students that serve as ambassadors for the Longwood University Career Center. Under the support and direction of UCC staff, Career Educators volunteer 2-5 hours* each week developing and conducting programs on career related topics .
*Note: Programs will typically be conducted during evening/night hours.
- Create career related programs
- Deliver programs in residence halls and for student organizations.
- Assist with career fairs and other UCC events
- Represent Longwood University & the UCC at career fairs and other university events
- Promote the UCC to peers
- Attend weekly or bi-monthly group meetings
In addition to gaining experience in programming and campus outreach, as Career Educators you will enhance your public speaking/presentation skills, acquire experiences to add to your resume, learn the UCC's services first-hand, increase your comfort level when interacting with employers, assist your fellow students, and develop friendships with other Career Educators.
Interested in becoming a Career Educator?
Want the Career Educators to present a program for you?
*Note: The Presentation Request Form must be turned in at least 2 weeks before the requested presentation date.