Text Size Default Text SizeDefault Text Size Large Text SizeLarge Text Size Largest Text SizeLargest Text Size Print Print this Page


How do I make an appointment with a Career Consultant?

 The easiest way to make an appointment is to call 434-395-2063. Anyone who answers the phone has access to the calendar and can find an appointment time that works with your schedule. You can also stop by our office in Lancaster G08A or schedule your appointment in Handshake.


Is there someone who I can talk with about choosing a major?

The University Career Services staff is here to assist you with assessing your skills, values, interests and limitations as they relate to potential majors.

You are also encouraged to speak with faculty, students and alumni about possible majors. Chances are they have either taught or taken courses in the majors you are considering and will be able to provide first hand knowledge about the field.


How do I change my major?

To officially change your major, you must complete and file a Change of Major form with the Office of the Registrar. Change of Major forms can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar's website. Please note that you will need to take the Change of Major form to the new Department Chair for his/her signature before submitting the form. Student Athletes must also obtain the signature of the Athletics Academic Support Coordinator before submitting.


Other Questions?

The University Career Center is happy to answer any other questions you might have. Please call 434-395-2063 or email career@longwood.edu.