Text Size Print
Center for Cyber Security
A National Center for Digital Forensics Academic Excellence
It has been said that the third world war will be fought in Cyberspace. That war is not "going" to be fought; it is being fought, and at Longwood, we believe in preparing students with cutting-edge classes and hands-on experience to help fill the growing need for educated professionals.
Through the Longwood Center for Cyber Security, students:
- Have access to internships and jobs in the rapidly growing fields of Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics.
- Obtain a Department of Defense-recognized skill set and awareness of current issues facing digital forensics investigators and examiners.
- Receive practical, hands-on experience through the Center’s state-of-the-art lab.
- Learn from and conduct research with internationally known Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics experts.
The Longwood Center for Cyber Security has earned the designation – a National Center for Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE).
For more information, contact the Longwood Center for Cyber Security at email@example.com or at 434-395-2711.
Cyber Security Students are Prepared for Careers!
- Matt Bogar ’07 – CGI Federal – "My Longwood degree helped me get ahead where others with lesser training hit ‘the glass ceiling’."
- Karen Nettleton ’07 – Digital Evidence Section, Virginia Beach Police Department – "Dr. Dardick provided us with real-life examples – and that’s what you remember down the road."
- Cyber Security Center Students Prepared for Bright Futures