Text Size Print
Center for Cyber Security
A National Center for Digital Forensics Academic Excellence
It has been said that the third world war will be fought in Cyberspace. That war is not "going" to be fought; it is being fought, and at Longwood, we believe in preparing students with cutting-edge classes and hands-on experience to help fill the growing need for educated professionals.
The Longwood Center for Cyber Security is one of a few institutions in the U.S. and the only institution in Virginia to have earned the designation – a National Center for Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (CDFAE). This means that students completing the Center’s Cyber Forensics and Cyber Security programs are ready for the workforce and have the cyber forensics skills to respond to cyber-attacks from day one on the job.
Through the Longwood Center for Cyber Security, students:
- Have access to internships and jobs in the rapidly growing fields of Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics.
- Obtain a Department of Defense-recognized skill set and awareness of current issues facing digital forensics investigators and examiners.
- Receive practical, hands-on experience through the Center’s state-of-the-art lab.
- Learn from and conduct research with internationally known Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics experts.
For more information, contact the Longwood Center for Cyber Security at email@example.com or at 434-395-2711.
Cyber Security Students are Prepared for Careers!
- Matt Bogar ’07 – CGI Federal – "My Longwood degree helped me get ahead where others with lesser training hit ‘the glass ceiling’."
- Karen Nettleton ’07 – Digital Evidence Section, Virginia Beach Police Department – "Dr. Dardick provided us with real-life examples – and that’s what you remember down the road."