Admission criteria includes:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, and
- either an Undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale), or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on six hours of Longwood MBA degree program courses within the last 12 months, and
- GMAT, with a minimum score of 470, and
- Admission score of 1100 or greater. Admission score is based on the following formula:
- GMAT + GPA (200) > 1100*, and
- Minimum TOEFL score of 570 (paper test) or 80 (internet test), or a minimum 6.5 on the IELTS for individuals whose first language is not English.
MBA Residency 2014
MBA applicants are evaluated based on the undergraduate GPA, GPA for any completed graduate course work, GMAT score, personal essay, recommendations, and other materials submitted as part of the MBA application.
Applicants who have not completed an undergraduate major or minor in business that includes undergraduate principles level courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, finance, management, marketing, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and statistics must take MANG 500 Introduction to Business (6 credits - offered summers only) before enrolling in any other MBA courses*. Credits earned in this course will not count towards the 36 credit hours required for the degree, nor will they count toward the student's graduate GPA. The grade in MANG 500 may not be used to satisfy the GPA admission criteria.
* The admission formula score and MANG 500 criteria may be reevaluated in special circumstances and the admission decision can be made by the MBA Advisory Council based upon applicant essay, personal interview, significant work experience, and other relevant information.