Text Size Print
Providing the foundation you need to build a successful career
Whatever your career goal — to be a leader in a major corporation, to run a small business, or to be an entrepreneur — your learning experience at Longwood will provide the foundation you need to build a successful career.
Housed in one of the state's most modern technologically advanced facilities, the College of Business and Economics combines a strong liberal arts education with theoretical and practical business experience. We recruit highly motivated students eager to meet the demands of a challenging program. We offer a supportive learning environment that allows one-to-one interaction with dedicated business faculty members with strong business backgrounds, close ties to outstanding business practitioners, and impressive academic credentials.
- Executive-in-Residence Program- talk with business executives about current business conditions and issues
- Small Business Development Center- work with small businesses on real problems and programs
- Internships- all students must complete a supervised internship putting theory into practice
- Study Abroad - learn firsthand about business in other regions and within different cultures
Our students are prepared to succeed in today's fast-paced business climate, and their employers concur. More than 95 percent of our graduates are employed in their field or have entered graduate school within three months of graduation.
What to Expect
- Develop their teamwork and leadership skills through class projects and participation in business school student organizations
- Enhance written and oral communication skills
- Develop their ability to think critically through case analyses of real business situations
- Learn from interaction with students and faculty members from diverse cultures and in study abroad opportunities